[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: More SRSG questions (was: Re: Finally got around to =?iso-8859-1?Q?sync=B4ing?= myasync mo...

<< Using a sync RSG that fires 2 per half cycle (instead of once) I could
> half my needed cap size. As static gap (more or less) fire at will and
> have break rates higher than 2*Fmains, I canīt see any reason why
> a sync RSG wouldnīt work. The stress shouldnīt be any larger than
> using a static gap and the higher number of break rates should help
> protect the cap from overvolting, because it has the possibilty to
> discharge more often. It would seem such a setup would be much
>safer for the xformer and cap than a resonant charged and 100/120
> bps discharged setup. Of course, SSGs (safety spark gaps) should
> still be incorperated. So, can I do this and will it be safe for my NSTs
> and caps?!? Any ideas and comments are welcome.

> Pondering in germany,
> Reinhard >>

Reinhard,

Richie from Newcastle tried this.  He used a sync gap at 2X mains with
a 6kV NST, he next plans to use a radar transformer.  I don't know if
anyone else has tried it with an NST.

John Freau