[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pole Transformer Basics

Greg, re pole trannies..if you have what we have in oz (down under) there
are two
types of
"basic" pole trannies..the two described by you sound like they are either:
1. Primary voltage across two phases   (i.e. the tr type with two bushes)  or
2. SWER type  which is typically seen on the end of a rural feeder where a
single
phase supply is required..SWER stands for single wire earth return.  In
this type
of installation
there is usually only one primary bush..the other leg of the primary is
earthed.
As for the most appropriate tr for you I can only suggest the "two bush"
type will
provide greater volts at the primary when back fed.

Rob Twidle Aust.