[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark gap resistance

Bert Hickman wrote:

> The "big Fleming book" is most likely "The Principles of Electric Wave
> Telegraphy and Telephony" by John Ambrose Fleming, Longmans, Green and
> Co.

This is what I had imagined. I have just borrowed a copy from my
university's library (some holes here and there, but otherwise fine).
A very interesting book, with everything that you may want to know
about early radio and Tesla-like circuits.

> Seems like we've "rediscovered" much of what these earlier pioneers
> already knew - and they didn't have the oscilloscopes, computers, and
> simulation tools that we now take for granted... my hat's off to them!!
> :^)

The book shows many measurement methods, including several early
oscilloscopes.

Antonio Carlos M. de Queiroz