[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Need help....

Hi Albert,

	I would use the 9000 volt for the ladder and the 15000 for the Tesla coil.
 Once the ladder starts, it is mostly a current driven device and the
voltage is not that important.  However, the Tesla coil will definitely
benefit from using the 900VA transformer instead of the 400VA.  Mine uses a
single 15kV/60mA and can easily hit the 3-4 foot range.  I think I can get
it to six with lots of little tweaks...  Of course, if you want to get
less, simply de-tune it a little or turn down the variac.  When I work in
my little basement, I can never run full power so I have to limit how much
power I feed it.  Otherwise, it would arc to everything.  Once you get
going, you will quickly want to get bigger arcs, so don't limit yourself
needlessly...

Cheers,

	Terry