[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: newbie here, sorry for interrupting....

At 05:03 PM 08/06/1999 -0600, Tesla List wrote:
>Original Poster: "Dr. Resonance" <Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net>

>to: Don
>
>A bearing isn't absolutely required, but at around $3.50 per bearing it's
>very cheap, and it makes the undriven end run very smooth and prevents
>"coilform wobble" which makes winding more difficult.
>
>Regards,
>
>Dr.Resonance

On the next jig I build, it will get a bearing and a electric rotisssierie
motor
to turn the coil form. The only "wobble" I had on the quick jig was
over-tension
from the wire spool.  I had the wire spool too close to the coilform.

Don

---

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God" - Thomas Jefferson