[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

victoreen spark gaps

hi terry, all

	I have just been trying out the victoreen gaps on my coil.  I am using 7
of them in series with a 9 kv 60mA neon and getting breakout all over my
toriod with a 24" arc to a grounded rod. I was wondering what the
relationship of the series resistance/ capacitance to breakdown voltage is,
they are rated to breakdown at 2700 volts, but this is presumably going to
drop with more of them in series. I measured one of them for capacitance
with my bridge at about 10 pF. Am I really getting a breakdown voltage of
18900 volts across 7 of them or am I missing something here? What does the
curve look like and when should I stop adding more gaps.

cheers
bob golding