[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TC measurements with LCR meter

	In trying to improve my Tesla Coil I thought that it would be a good Idea
to actually measure each component in the TC and find out if it is anywhere
near the value that it should be, and then correct it.  I purchased a
multimeter, the Protek model 506 with capacitance and inductance, but
unfortunately the range wasn't good enough.  Now I am in search of a good
LCR meter to do the measurements, but before I buy one I was wondering if
the components can be measured accurately for tuning?  Also, what ranges
would the meter need in order to test each component (primary coil,
secondary coil, capacitor, etc.)?  Thank you for any replies,

-Andy