[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Spark gap...

There are two ways to interpret "wider", not sure which you meant:

1)	It you mean the distance between the gaps, the total separation of
all gaps determines the voltage to which your cap will charge.  If you make
your gaps wider, your cap will charge to a higher voltage.  Coil performance
increases with increasing cap voltage, but so does premature cap and NST
death.
2)	If you mean the length of the copper pipes, I think that only has a
bearing on how much power the gap can handle.  Longer pipes will dissipate
heat better.

As to airflow, I have found that airflow below a certain amount results in
very poor performance, and above that point, it doesn't really matter too
much.  PSI is irrelevant.  What matters is how well the air is distributed
so that the arcing channels are ventilated.

Regards, Gary Lau
Waltham, MA USA