[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

That secondary harmonic voltage distribution stuff...

Hi Alwyn and All,

	Tonight I have been playing with E-Tesla3 (soon to be E-Tesla4) and my
coil along with antennas and all the test equipment I have.  I have seen
wonderful things and I think I will be able to predict and graph the
voltage distribution harmonics of the fundamental and add a better
understanding to all that.

	It appears that the harmonics are not 1, 3, 5 as I, and others, originally
thought but occur at 1, 2, 4, 6 instead.  Because of the effects these
harmonic field distributions have on the tuning frequencies (a 1/2 sine
wave has far less field capacitance and thus much higher frequency than a
1/4 harmonic), the harmonics "may appear" to be at 1, 3, 5 but are really
not!  The top load terminal and even the top of a bare coil appear to be
fairly good zero potential nodes.

Fortunately, the lumped parameter models seems to still hold true through
all this (whew! :-)) but it is getting rather messy...  E-Tesla seems to
have a factor of 2 error but I think it is one of those area under a sine
curve things in the capacitance calculation....  Hopefully, I can get that
figured out in a defendable way...

All this is still very early (many grains of salt can be taken now) but I
felt I had to babble about it after spending all day.......  Much FUN!!!

Cheers,

	Terry