[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Quench vs Output/CSN

On Fri, 27 Aug 1999 13:30:16 -0600, Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts" <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
>
> Hi all,
>
> > Original Poster: "Harvey Norris" <tesla4-at-excite-dot-com>
> >
> > n another note:  In Tesla's Colorado Springs notes on his entry for
August
> > > 31, 1899 he mentions the following:
> > >
> > > "Light seems to interfere decidedly with the streamers from ball and
wire
> > > and it is also unmistakable noted that the noise of the discharge is
> > > lessened when sunlight falls upon the apparatus."
> > >
> > > I was just wondering if anyone has ever noticed that having a coil out
in
> > > the sun decreases performance as Tesla noted.  I would think the
bright
> > > sunlight and perhaps greater ambient noise of daytime would account
for
> > > this observation.  However, if there were something like humidity or
the
> > UV
> > > of sunlight affecting streamer formation, it would be interesting...
However I
> > think
> > it is not the sunlight but condition of the ground that seems better in
the
> > evening.
>
> <snip>
>
>        I think Tesla's observation is quite real. Even non-UV light can
> influence the breakdown voltage of a neon indicator lamp. Why
> should the ground be any different in the evening?

I was not aware of the breakdown voltage of neon lighting being effected by
light spectrum, I concur with your opinion there.

It is also concievable that when the earth is passing between day and night
it is then at right angles to any solar winds from the sun, and also the
earths own magnetic field such that the third angle expressed as a verticle
grounding rod  would be more subject to fluctuations between charges on the
planet and the oscillator itself. Also irrevalent is tesla beleif in some
kind of cosmic ray that was better revealed after it had  passed through the
earth, and I think those physicists are still looking at big pools of water
underground to find the mythical neutrino, which could also be irrelevant.
HDN

Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://voicemail.excite-dot-com
Talk online at http://voicechat.excite-dot-com