[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: transformer question

Grayson

The current would not be doubled. Each transformer cannot deliver more than
its short-circuit current (due to the large leakage inductance) and in this
case I reckon the current will actually be halved since each tranny will
only have half the voltage puusing current through the same reactance. The
voltage would be the same. I think therefore it would be pointless apart
from the perspective of making your NST's last longer. The cases would each
have to be floating, of course. It might be possible to add some equalising
resistors to ensure that the cases are at the midpoint voltage of each
secondary (ie a potential divider).

Anyone else care to comment?

Alex