[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

"High Frequency" Neon Transformers??

Hello all,

First of all, I'd like to thanks everyone who responded to my previous
transformer inquiries.  The information provided will be very useful.

Has anyone heard of high frequency neon transformers?  These are supposed to
be based on 10 Khz output instead of 60 Hz.  I've also been told that
they're mostly solid state and MUCH lighter than a conventional neon of the
same size/ rating.  Anyone use one of these for a Tesla coil driver?  How
well/ poorly does/ did it work?   Where can one of these be obtained?

Thanks,
John Bowers