[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Transformer oil

I have used mylar in the construction of my small pig. After some time I
had to dismantle it to repair a malfunctioning connection, and the mylar
was unaffected of the 3 months long submersion in the oil.

You can safely use oil, and you *should* use oil, since you are likely
to experience corona damage in the secondary windings otherwise.

Cheers, Finn Hammer

See the pig here:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: "Roderick Maxwell" <tank-at-magnolia-dot-net>
>
> Hi!
>
>   I still here even though I have not posted any messages for some time.
I have