[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: drying coil forms

<< I would love to see some data that demonstrates the performance benefits of
> "dry" PVC over "wet" PVC, or even some performance data of the same
> secondary coil wound on various formers.

> Making arcs in Huntington Beach, CA
> Ross Overstreet

Ross, all,

My guess is it would be hard to see a difference.  But yes, I'd also like
to see some true performance data.  I do know that I got the same
spark length from a 6.5" by 24" polyethylene secondary wound with
# 28 wire, and from a 4.2" by 23" PVC (untreated) secondary wound
with the same wire.  Sparks were 42" in  both cases, using a 12kV,
30ma NST.  If there was any difference in spark length, it was too
small for me to measure

Cheers,
John Freau