[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Transmission

Hello,
     A couple months back I recall someone posted a link to a site of Bill
Beatty's-  he was thinking the earth could be regarded as a waveguide, but
not in the sense that is usually meant.  There is a type of waveguide for
super high frequencies that is composed of just a single open conductor,
which he called a g-line but I have seen other names for them.  I have read
descriptions of such waveguides where either the surface of the conductor
has grooves cut in it or the conductor is surrounded by an insulating
substance with an index of refraction (or maybe it was dielectric
constant?) higher than that of the surrounding medium.  Anyway, Beatty was
hypothesizing that perhaps the earth could be regarded as such a waveguide
that would function at low frequencies, the atmosphere being the insulator
with an index of refraction higher than that of space.  I thought it was an
interesting idea and want to try to learn more about this type of
waveguide.  Did anyone else have thoughts on this idea (I can't remember
his site's URL right off my head)?
-Carl