[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Scoping Work Coil

Hi Boris, all,

> Original Poster: boris petkovic <petkovic7-at-yahoo-dot-com>
>

> --- Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
> > Original Poster: "Malcolm Watts"
> > <malcolm.watts-at-wnp.ac.nz>
> >
> > Hi all,
> >            a little while ago I tried the coil with
> > a lot more Ctop and
> > about 40% more L in the primary. The gap was not
> > touched. The
> > sparks were thicker, hotter and louder and
> > occasionally connected
> > with objects to about 5'.
> >
> > Malcolm
> >

> > ------
> I propose this Malcolm's unit have to be classified as
>  a new recorder in spark performance at this power
> level.
> Well done Malcolm!
>
> Regards,
> Boris

I am going to try Richie's method of determining BPS before
claiming any records. I am still suspicious. I think there is only so
much you can do with air. Output voltage I think must be taken into
account with power in generating long sparks. I will try with the tape
recorder later this afternoon. I must say that the out put sparks do
not look flamelike as one might expect at high BPS and they are
very nosiy. Ear protection is an absolute must near this coil.

Regards,
Malcolm