[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: The ultimate MMC cap

Tesla List wrote:

> Original Poster: NickandSim-at-aol-dot-com

snipped...
  Just thought I'd alert you guys to this capacitor as I
> haven't seen anyone else using them.
>
> Regards
> Nick field

In that case, you should have a look here:

http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/tesla/tesla.htm

Go to the cap page.

You will see 600 22nF/1600 VDC. The value was chosen from what the
supplier had on his shelves at the moment of purshase. This cap was made
in april this year, and is still sparking ok!.

I agree with you in that from a "numbers point of view" it is the
ultimate cap, and the dV//dT rating was the reason I chose this cap as
well.

With 20 caps in series, and interrupting the charging at 30 kV, I am
really close to running them at ac=dc, they seem to tolerate that well.

Cheers, Finn Hammer