[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

MMC & NST pics

Hey Guys,

Stan D was nice enough to let me have some web space on his "Tesla Coil Info
Depot" webpage  http://tesla.better-dot-org/	My page works MUCH better on his
server than it did on geocities.  Thanks Stan!

My new page can be found here (update your bookmarks if anyone has me
marked)
http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/

There aren't many good pics of the inner workings of a NST on the web, so I
decided to make some.  I have detailed photos of a depotted and cleaned
15/60 core here http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/components/psu.html	I
also have some test data demonstrating that the core isn't saturating even
at 180ma output.

The pics are a little different than my final configuration.  I have
replaced much of the Kapton tape with electrical tape since it wraps and
behaves much better.  I also added some additional PE sheeting to stop arc
over problems that I was having at 140V input (~14KV out).  The shunts are
now held in place using PE and plexi shims instead of the simple U-shaped
pieces of PE that I used for the photos.

I have some pics of my new MMC here
http://users.better-dot-org/roverstreet/components/cap.html
I used the same caps that Terry F and Brian B have been testing.  I liked
Brian's mounting scheme so I cloned it.  I haven't had a chance to run them
yet.  I will report back as soon I break 'em in.

Making arc in Huntington Beach, CA
Ross Overstreet