[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: [IGBT ?]

Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> wrote:
Original Poster: Max Erhard <max.erhard-at-softhome-dot-net>

I've seen lots of people talk about IGBT's in this list, and I'm not
sure what they are. I assume they are some kind of semiconductor device,
I've probably already heard of them, I'm just not familiar with this
abbreviation. Maybe some nice person could enlighten me.

 Hi Max, you are right, they are semiconductors.
IGBT = Isolated Gate Bi-polar Transistors
They behave very much like a mosfet, so I'v heard.
Haven't had the chance to try one out. I'v got a
couple that are 1200 volts at 100 amps from a motor
speed controler. Like to try and push a 6" X 24"
secondary one of these days. SSTC !! Had good luck
with a 3X1500 Triode but that was 10 years ago. It
was sort of like a flame thrower at 455 Khz that
melted glass on light bulbs. Hope this helps.

http://webmail-dot-netscape-dot-com.