[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

first tesla coil

Hi just thought I mould take A moment to introduce myself. I am a tesla coil
reshurcher.unforchinatly I live in an aria where tesla and his work ar un
known,so I wos forced to buy my first computor ,but that is not important.
The coil I am using is a home made unit that I built my self in my den.The
specs if you care to know ar as follows.Iam using a 60kv 30ma nion
Xformer,which I would like to co phase to another 60/30.My prymary is wound
from 3/4"copper tubing in a conical with 20 degree rise -at- 10 terns.my
secondaryis 8"X20" and opperates at about222 khz or by my figures.I am
currently running .015uf of cappacitants threw a set of home made stacked
plate caps.My problems are as follows,tv inter ferrince I curintly am not
using rfi filtera as thease ar expensive in my aria.Can you be of assistance
in providing info on building some 300amp -at- 60cycle units, and will this help
with my problems?THANKS FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS .Any fedback would be
helpful,and my neaghbors would thank you.Special note since the problem has
ben brought to my attention i have ben reluctant to fire the coil up, and
would like to continue my reshurch.Charles J Wisdom