[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Measuring static gap BPS

If you take an ordinary BC108 (or similar metal topped) transistor and
remove the top with a hacksaw, connect the collector to the positive
terminal of a 9v battery, connect the emmitter to the hot lead of the
mike input on an audio amplifier and the earth to the other terminal on
the battery, you can then "listen" to light sources. Point an ordinary
mains powered lamp at the sawn off transistor and it will hum. If you
compare it to the output of a signal generator you could find the
frequency. Thats my budget solution anyway. You could probably improve
on that a bit !!!