[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: wire

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 21:10:02 -0700 Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com> writes:
> Original Poster: "Fred Vermeer" <fredvermeer-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>
> I would be safe to say spark plug wire, found at your local auto
> parts
> dealer.  It is very well insulated, and can handle a lot of juice.
> It is
> what I am planning to use on my 15kv 30ma coil.

Fred

I believe that spark plug wire is made of high resistance carbon(at least
it used to).  It is specifically designed to damp the sharp rise time of
the spark to reduce EMI.  I would strongly not recommend using it.  What
I do is put a relatively thick wire into the cheapest plastic tubing I
can find, even heatshrink.

Bryan
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno-dot-com/get/tagj.