[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Induction heating in toroid / short circuit of secondary

Hi Ken,

At 01:45 PM 12/26/1999 -0800, you wrote:
snip....

>As to the magnitude of the magnetic field at the top of the coil, upon
>reflection I think it must be of much the same magnitude as at any other
>place along the coil.  After all, current flows serially, so to speak,
>from one turn of the secondary to the next.  If the secondary coil itself
>is a relatively poor radiator of EM energy, as is alleged, then much the
>same current must flow in the top turns as in the bottom ones (or at
>least, in those quite a bit further down).  Thus much the same
>self-generated magnetic field must exist.
snip...
>Ken Herrick

	Actually the current at the top of the coil is much less than at the base.
 I have measured such things and offer the following references...

http://www.pupman-dot-com/listarchives/1999/May/msg00535.html

http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/topsync/topsync.html

http://www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/experiments/modact/modact.html

Cheers,