[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Telephone line interference

Hi all,
I just searched the archives for anything relating to the elimination of
interference in phone lines. I thought I had seen something about installing
MOV's across the line, but all I could find was a post from 1996 suggesting
to try 0.1uF caps across the lines. (Haven't tried this yet. Wonder what it
would do to my modem speed?) I seem to recall hearing about commercially
manufactured phone line filters, but a search for them drew a blank also.

I have considered installing shielded phone cable, particularly in my garage
walls. (Near where my coil throws it's arcs about).

I would really like to make my phone system bullet-proof, (actually bullets
aren't the problem, my Tesla coil is)! I don't like crawling around behind a
dusty computer having to unplug tiny phone cables, (which then have to be
plugged back in), when I want to throw a few arcs in the garage.  I have
already forgotten, ( a few times),  to unplug my modems when I lit off my
coil, and I most likely will do it again. If possible I need to idiot-proof
my phone wiring!

Can anyone offer suggestions that will help to eliminate, (or at least
reduce), phone line interference? Does any of the above stuff work?
(Shielded wire, MOV's, capacitors, etc)

Thanks from the idiot in Anaheim,

Jon Rosenstiel
jonr-at-pacbell-dot-net