[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.

Greetings Terry, and all on the Tesla List.

First, season's greetings from "R.F. Gulch!"  Second, in
response to your post below, the best that my Model 13M
has done to date was only 55 feet (straight line point to
point measurement with a standard 100 foot long Lufkin
tape measure.  When 13M was set up (inside of) the Anaheim
Convention Center Arena, in August, 1998, I am confident I
could have achieved at least 60 or 65 feet, due to the
controlled air space enviornment.  However, show element
restrictions placed on our exhibition for that event, would not allow
any time for "Tesla experimentation" other then to simply make
all the show elements work, as quickly as possible!  To bad;
that would have been an ideal environment in which to test for
increased output!  Maybe next time!

On a separate note, I wish to state that I have just completed the
acquisition of Leland I. Anderson's complete series of original
Tesla invoices, receipts and ephemera, spanning a period from
Tesla's Houston Street Laboratories to Colorado Springs up until
Dec. 1899.  These documents are absolutely FABULOUS!  The
invoice for the repair work to the alternator that Tesla burned out
(due to R.F. kickback on the a.c. lines) is in there, as well as
receipts for most of the wood Tesla purchased, to make many of
his coil forms, and even 6,000 feet of # 6 AWG wire!  These are
the original documents, and I feel most fortunate to be the one
who was able to acquire them from Mr. Anderson.  As time
permits, I will share more information on these wonderful
documents with the Tesla List.  Happy coiling to all, into
the Millenium!

Best regards,
Bill Wysock.
> Date:          Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:28:12 -0700
> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
> Subject:       Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.
> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>

> Original Poster: Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>
>
> At 07:53 PM 12/28/1999 +0000, you wrote:
> >Nick and terry,
> >
> >    There is a coil on the West coast which produced 155' arcs. I have seen
> >this on a web sight. The coil is 60" in diameter and 85' tall. It is
powered
> >by a 38 Kw distrubution Transformer. Im not sure about the capacitance by I
> >think it is about .4 uf.
> >
> >Paul M
> >

> I know Bill Wysock's Model 13 does about 60 feet and the Electrum was at
> about 40 if I remember right (both 120kVA+ machines).  155 feet seems
> really really far (especially for 38kVA) but...
>
> If anyone can substatiate (or claim) this coil, step forward...
>
> Cheers,
>
> 	Terry

Tesla Technology Research