[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.

Hello,

Yes, one should always use skepticisms with such anecdotal evidence as
being discussed on this thread. Tesla has been compared to a god (or at
least a man with god-like qualities) by some, but that is fantasy. He did
not talk to Marshens, he did not produce sparks >40 feet(see ref1) (point
to point), BUT he is responsible for some of humankinds greatest progress
(at least in the industrial sense) of the 19th century! He was a eccentric
genius who liked to brag in his older years... And what we do would
probably be considered frivolous by him (at least those of us who only make
sparks only for the Pyrotechnics), as he always seemed to be working on
something "important" for the advancement Human technology.

Perhaps some authors should not post "claims" unless they have references
to back them up with (and actually provide reference), speculation is only
speculation. Remember that the universe is really a amazing place, the more
we know, the more we know we don't know. It is important that we use
scientific process, and not get carried away with our fantasies (from one
who loves fantasy and science fiction!). This all IMHO.

Regards,

David Trimmell

ref1.  pg. 75, The Tesla coil builder's guide to the Colorado Springs Notes
of Nikola Tesla, Hull, Richard 1993

At 04:00 PM 12/28/99 , you wrote:
>Original Poster: wysock-at-ttr-dot-com
>
>To Paul C. et. al.,
>
>Oh, REALLY!  155 foot arcs?  Most interesting!  This is the
>*first* I've heard of any coil on the West Coast, doing anything
>like that!  Would you care to give all of us your web site
>reference(s) on this "monster coil ?"  I *know* I'd sure be
>INTERESTED!
>
>Regards,
>Bill Wysock.
>
>> Date:          Tue, 28 Dec 1999 13:24:14 -0700
>> To:            tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
>> Subject:       Re: Tesla's Energy Trans.
>> From:          Tesla List <tesla-at-pupman-dot-com>
>
>> Original Poster: "HIGH VOLTAGE" <klugmann-at-hotmail-dot-com>
>>
>> Nick and terry,
>>
>>     There is a coil on the West coast which produced 155' arcs. I have seen
>> this on a web sight. The coil is 60" in diameter and 85' tall. It is
powered
>> by a 38 Kw distribution Transformer. I not sure about the capacitance by I
>> think it is about .4 uF.
>>
>> Paul C
<<snip>>>