[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ballast?

----------
From:  Moleking [SMTP:moleking-at-concentric-dot-net]
Sent:  Friday, February 27, 1998 8:37 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Ballast?

While asking the local sign maker for a neon, he found me a nice 15kV neon
which he said was no good, but which works flawlessly.  He also, however,
had several ballasts lying around, one of which he gave me.  I brought the
box home, having no idea of it's purpose.  One end had two red leads, and
the other had two pairs of wires coming out.  I plugged in the two single
ones.  The unit sparked, tripped a breaker, and smoked slightly.  WHAT IS
THIS THING????  Is it at all useful?  Thanks.

Josh Bedell