[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

833A for tube TC

----------
From:  Esondrmn [SMTP:Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com]
Sent:  Friday, February 27, 1998 6:14 PM
To:  tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
Subject:  Re: 833A for tube TC

<<
 Nice find on the 833A.  It can be mounted horizontally only if the plate
 is kept in the vertical plane.  You can use the filament
 winding idea but the limitation of that is as you vary the
 input power with your variac, your filament will
 vary also, so it forces you to run at full power which makes tuning kind
 of difficult.  The 833A tends to run very hot at the center of the plate,
 proper tuning and loading is required to keep it happy.  I just posted a
 design for a small tube TC that gives 20" sparks from an 833A, and
 an MOT, using the doubler diode and cap from the oven.  I never even
 bother blowing any air on the tube, but I guess it's not a bad idea.
 The 833A can withstand up to around 5kV AC on the plate, but at
 higher voltages it can arc and be destroyed.  A plate lead choke helps
 to protect it in case this happens.

 John Freau >>

John,

You recently posted a discussion of how to build a good 833A based tube coil.
I would like to build one.  Do you know where I can purchase a tube and
socket?  Also, do you have a complete schematic that I could get a copy of?

Thanks,  Ed Sonderman