[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Glassless Saltwater Caps

In a message dated 2/2/99 12:17:55 AM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>    Still, I thought the results I obtained were worth reporting.
>     I believe Richard Quick is aware of my plastic salt caps, so this
>  info may already be out there somewhere. Also, I've got to think that
>  I'm not the only one who has tried other than glass dialectics in
>  saltwater capacitors.
>  Dave
>  [I invented the slinky toroid]

Dave,
   Your results come as no surprise to me.  You used a much better dielectric
than glass, which is what most use in the salt water caps(which is the reason
they usually perform so poorly).   I was thinking of trying out some 1 liter
telfon(FEP) bottles I have, just for laughs some day.
Mike