[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Input impedance

Hi Gary,

> Original Poster: Gary Johnson <gjohnson-at-ksu.edu>

<snip>
> There are many unanswered questions about input impedance.  You notice that
> the paper just ended, without a conclusion.  As I have some more thoughts on
> the subject, I will write another paper (Input Impedance, Part II).  It is
> quite possible that the one coil I measured is some sort of freak.  I am
> looking at other coils now, to see if there are any patterns.

I don't think so. I was part of a discussion several years ago on
base impedance when viewed as a 1/4 wave line. I'm sure I'm far from
being the first too. I you take the Zo^2 = Zbase*Ztop relationship
and plug your measured figures in you can see the expected high
impedance of the corona discharge pop out. I assume without
corroborating measurement that Zo = SQRT(L/C). It may be that
Schelkunhoff comes closer. Something to check sometime.
    I measured such impedance changes on a link coupled coil several
years ago with artificial terminations.

Malcolm