[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A new cap failure mode?

Hi All,

A few thoughs on the safety gap resistor.

	I was thinking of just putting the resistor in the safety gap circuit so
it would only act when the safety gap fires.  If it were in the main tank
circuit it would drastically affect the coils operation.

	I would think a 50 or 100 ohm resistor would work well limiting the
current to a few hundred amps.  One of those big 225 watt Ohmite ceramic
core wirewounds should work well for this I would think.

	I worry about using an inductor since that would just oscillate at some
huge level that may be worse since there is no well defined element for the
power to be dissipated in.

	Terry