[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ross-O's 1st Run - secondary arcing

to: Ross

Would suggest checking your coeff. of coupling.  With a 6 inch dia coilform
you should be able to go to a flat spiral for the primary and still hit 0.2
for k value.  Your 45 degree pri is probably overcoupled plus as you
noticed the corona can slowly start to degrade the insulation.  A camera
with a 4-8 sec time exposure at f1.4 will reveal the intensity of the
corona most of which is invisible to your eye.

Dr.Resonance-at-next-wave-dot-net