[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

caps an the resonant freq.

well I am reading the articals in the arcives about caps, and I read some
people are using .06" poly, or it reads 6 mill poly, my question is, is it
hundreths of an inch or thousands that i should look for I got 2 sheets of
hdpe of .03" thickness and I just want to make sure that I am not wasting my
time building the caps with the wrong thickness of plastic, the other
question, I have is a simple one but I can not find it on the web sites at
least not yet, the resonant freq. that you base your calculations on for the
cap, is it the iductance of the primary or the secondary, or a combo of
both..... I find some answers but there not clear, I have built some coils
in the past but i did not have the background to do the math not I have the
background I want to do math and see how close I can get to what I am
calculating.

kerry