[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: tuning coils

> According to my physics books, an harmonic is simply multiplications of
> a particular frequency. Now Tesla stated in some of his patents on
> wireless transmission, that the receiving coil was of the same frequency
> or harmonic thereof.

Note that some old writings/books counted the fundamental as the first
harmonic, hence some confusion still reigns.  The second harmonic term
is the result of that, So older usage of harmonic tuning can merely be
conventional tuning to the same frequency.

--
Will; Amateur Radio call K 2 L B ; Rochester, New York, USA
  e-mail <herzog-at-frontiernet-dot-net>