[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: sparks

Thanks Ed. I think another NST is in the works. Being a new coiler, I
didn't realize you could use bigger caps than the programs I'm using
recommend. So bigger caps won't affect the NST's? I didn't think they'd
charge properly if they were over rated.

Bob V

 Sounds like a nice project.  Very similar in size to mine.  The 20
guage wire
> should be fine.  With your present set up, sparks in the 30" to 40" range
> would be about what I would expect.  If you want longer sparks, you need to
> input more current.  Try adding another 60 ma for a total of 15kv 120ma.
This