[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

People friendly tesla coil

My friend built a tesla coil that is people friendly and have been putting it
on for presentations and demonstrations since that we were in the fifth grade
(we are no in 7th and have just put on a show). We have been using it for
experiments with electricity that sparks (no pun indented, however...) the
imagination and mind of people alike and different. We do many demonstrations
of the capabilities of this remarkable machine. Some include illumination of a
florescent lamp (long story behind this), frying a CD (AOL, Ameritech, Game
pack, AOL, AOL, AOL) that has been microwaved for 5 seconds and then put on
the discharge plate when a grounding wire is put on top of it, just watching
it spark, melting steel wool, burning newspaper, and soon to come, flash paper
airplanes that will instantaneously burn up with NO heat We also use an
analogy (that my friend does not like) with people stuffing them silly at 3
restaurants then going to gym and loose all the weight as they run on tread
mills. It is amazing to see people stare in awe at something that they are not
even interested in (at least a vast majority). We can put on shows because my
friend has spent a long time calibrating the primary coil and has even zapped
himself, with no grounding wire, 7 times. At the presentations, we say "He has
been zapped 7 times and look how normal he is." Usually, that just plain
scares people.
The tesla coil has a bank of capacitors that equal .05 micro-farrads. 300,000
volts come out of the discharge plate, but that number could be wrong.
If you have any experiment ideas, send them to me a MJoeyB-at-aol-dot-com