[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tcoils/ free energy. Yes a coil CAN power something.

"Hello John/Reinhard et al,
                                   Sorry, but can I put my 2d's worth
into
this debate!

As far as I understand it, the only way that Tesla would have
theoretically
achieved near loss free global transmission of power would have been by
using what is now known as the Schumann (sp?) cavity or Schumann
resonance.

That is the earth's natural ionospheric cavity resonance of 7 to 8 Hz
and,
by using it as waveguide, transmit 8Hz A.C power through it without
loss.

Of course, the waveguide "probe" would have to be nearly half the width
of
the cavity, so he would have needed an 8 Hz resonator or oscillator and
100 mile or so high antenna!

Clearly, totally impractical, even for the engineering genius of Nikola
Tesla, but would this have been the transmission of Hertzian waves, or
the
currents you mentioned John?

Interesting stuff.    (Hopefully not too far off topic Terry?)

                   Thanks,     Martin Dale  TCBON, Nottingham UK"

	The only problem with using the Schumann (sp?) resonance is that, even
though excited continuously by lightning discharges, is almost
undetectable.  Requires sophisticated signal processing to bring the
signal spectral signature out of the noise.  When this processing is
done the Q of the resonance, as inferred from the spectral width, is
only of the order of 3.  Very lossy indeed, even if one had somehow
constructed a huge antenna or excitation probe or whatever.  I agree
completely with your conclusions, but am sure there will be many who
won't.

Ed

Ed