[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Strange Polythene

Hello Alex,
               The strange poly you describe sounds like damproofing
membrane to me.

It's usually comes under the product name of Visqueen.

I used stacks of that stuff, when I built my garage/Lab.
I did look at it at the time with a view to cap dielectric, but I noticed
that there were tiny flecks of metal embedded in it.

I'm not sure what the blue colour does to it, but the metal certainly
wouldn't help!

Beware, as I dont think DPM is of sufficiently high quality for use in caps.
Vink plastics sell all sorts of different poly sheeting that is fine as
capacitor dielectric.
I used 60 thou Corthene in mine and it's still going strong after 2 years of
abuse.
                             Martin.