[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tube coil capacitors

 If you need a capacitor, ( for either a tube or spark gap coil ) don't
have much money to spend, and your project can accommodate the extra room,
the quickest source for high voltage capacitors is used TV's. Specifically
the CRT - a small 12" monitor has about 0.001 MFD and will hold a voltage
around 50 KV, a 24" picture tube reads 0.003 MFD - you can almost double
the capacitance by wrapping foil on the outside of any picture tube.

I've tried this on both small and medium size coils, it works great !

Phil
TCBFW