[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pri to Sec capacitive coupling

Open questions to anyone:

I understand inductive coupling as  magnetically induce emf, but I am not
familiar
with capacitive coupling. Is this just the effect of charge difference (and
therefore voltage) between primary and secondary? How significant is this
if both
circutis are grounded? Is it correct to suppose that it is a DC voltage
during gap
firing or will it vary with the resonant frequency? What is the magnitude
relative
to the actual potential across the primary? . . . relative to the induced
voltage
in the secondary?

Bryan Kuafman