[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Tesla Coils and Lamp Tests -

  Malcolm, Reinhart, All -

  This may be a good time to discuss what we think we know about how the
LED, fluorescent, and incandescent lamps are energized by the Tesla coil or
radio transmitter. These lamps need a source of electrical energy to be
lighted. How does this energy transfer from the Tesla coil or radio
transmitter to the lamps? What are the differences in the energy transfer
methods between the two? Only a few milliamps are required for the LEDs but
much more current is needed for the other lamps. Note that these lamps are
transmitting electromagnetic energy in the form of light frequencies.

  Faraday discovered that changing magnetic fields could induce currents in
conductors. Maxwell predicted electromagnetic waves that consisted of
electric and magnetic fields at right angles to each other. Hertz discovered
these waves. How are these discoveries and others being used for
transferring the electrical energy?

  Many coilers (including myself) have made these tests but have been very
vague in describing how the energy that is lighting the lamps was obtained.

  John Couture