[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Another Capacitor Idea/ and a question too

>Whats the equation for capacitance, of just plain capacitance? Not for
>this capacitor or another, but for all capacitors. It must have
>something to do with dielectric mass, mass of conductor, dielectric
>K?Who knows, but I'll try to figure it out tonight by looking at the
>equation for a specific cap.

The formula I have for calculating capacitance is:

C=(.224KA/d)(n-1)

C=Dapacitance in pF
K=Dielectric constant of material between plates
A=area of one side of one plate in sq inches
d=seperation of plates surfaces in inches
n=number of plates

If any plates are smaller than others, use the area of the smaller plate.

Also, all plates except the two on the ends are exposed to plates on both
sides, and are twice as effective in increasing capacitance

Kent