[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Elementary Lecture

I have agreed to do a short demo/lecture for a friend's 4-6th grade
gifted class here in NYC.  I will bring my smaller coil, a radically
modified Info. Unlimited BTC-4 (will happily discuss that whole
adventure in another thread if anyone is interested).  I'm trying to
figure out the most simple, concise and valid Tesla coil metaphors, so I
can attempt to give these kids a general conceptual understanding of the
coils operation.  If anyone has good grade school answers to "why do
sparks come off the top" and "why does the fluorescent light glow", I'd
love to hear them.