[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Elementary Lecture

That is an excellent question that I would love to see answered.  An even
better
twist is that I have noticed that after the arcs reach the 30 inch range, they
don't seem to "care" as much about the ground rod and seem just as happy
reaching
out into space.

Brian Basura's coil doesn't even seem to like ground rods, even though he is
producing healthy 4-5 ft arcs!  Yes, I'm sure the rod and the bottom of his
secondary were adequately grounded... Is there a scientific explanation for
this
or is his coil just "confused"? hehehe

Anyone have any ideas on this one?

> Original Poster: Brandywine <brandywine-at-writeme-dot-com>
>
>    Why sparks will leap between the toroid and a grounded object is quite
> understandable; but the magic of a Tesla coil is that sparks spontaneously
> branch
> out into thin air, connecting with seemingly nothing.

... snip...

--
Ross Overstreet
ICQ# 20762411