[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Mineral Spirits (TRANSFORMER OIL)

Hey,
1.  Mineral oil is not the same as mineral spirits.  Mineral oil is a laxative
that looks like "baby" oil.  Mineral Spirits is paint thinner.  I don't
know the
chemistry of each, but I have handled them.

2.  You guys need to quit fooling around with mineral oils, gear lube, etc,
and
get the real stuff - Shell Diala-AX transformer oil at about $20 for 5
gallons.
Use Yahoo yellow pages and search the nearest large town for "Lubricants".

If you are in LA area you can try these guys:

 Southern Counties Lubricants
1825 W. Collins, P.O. Box 4159
Orange, CA 92863
(714) 516-7300

They told me a while back that they could even ship the stuff UPS.  Please
be nice
to them if you call, I don't want to get my sources aggravated with coilers.
-------

--
Ross Overstreet
ICQ# 20762411