[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Van de Graaff (Toroid Design)

to: Antonio

The physics theory is correct, however, in a small generator one can not
acheive theorectical values mainly due to imperfect terminals and corona
points on the lower pulleys, belt tracking, etc.   A "k" fudge factor
(a.k.a. empirical) enters into the equation to adjust to measured values.
We have measured between 24.5 and 32.5 values for most of our machines with
28 uA per sq. inch the average value for design work.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net