[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Stacked primary: how to?

In a message dated 1/7/99 11:26:21 PM Mountain Standard Time, tesla-at-pupman-dot-com
writes:

>  Considering that the primary will be made of copper pipe, has anybody got a
>  mechanical solution about:
>
>  - how the spacing between the pancakes can be changed
>  - how the pancakes are connected to each other (a flexible joint or what?)

   The spacing could simply be changed by inserting different size spacers
between the forms.
   I would just leave the innermost turn unsecured to allow the spacing to be
changed.  Copper pipe is not going to go slackor anything, so there shouldn't
be a problem.
   I haven't tried this(yet), but would like to in the near future.