[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Harmonics

To Mark, Russell et all,

SNIP
No! The primary coil is tuned to a frequency slightly
lower than the secondary fundemental frequency.

To help clear up what may seem confusing here, (but true). I'll explain why.
You see, the frequency of a Tesla secondary will lower slightly when
operating because the air around it will ionize, making it conductive. This
will lower the frequency slightly, and it is good to tune the primary lower
accordingly.  Measurements will get you in the ballpark, but in the end the
best way is to tune for longest spark.

I thought I should mention this so Mark will know will know Russell is
telling him to do diferent than everybody else.

Welcome to the hobby,

          Adam