[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Sam Barros' Latest experiments:-)

The National type 7703 will hold off 20 kV (most up to 25 kV) and work as
great ignitors for a cap discharge.  We use a 20 kV 50 MFD cap with them to
blow up wires 10-12 feet long.  Trigger with a 2 MFD cap charged to 2.5 kV
DC.

Another, less expensive, way to discharge your cap --- use a solenoid to
move a ground ball approx 2 inches to make contact with the lower end of
the charged wire.  Be sure to use a relay to disconnect charging power
supply first so you don't blow your diodes.

DR.RESONANCE-at-next-wave-dot-net