[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Primary Coil INSIDE Secondary Coil

Jeff,

Best to go with experience.  Greg Leyh built a huge coil (Electrum) with a
helical primary inside the secondary, and it works beautifully.  Pictures
of this are posted on his website.  His secondary form was quite thick and
provided the necessary insulation--no "suicide".  More typical thinner
forms may be subject to electrical breakdown.

On the other hand, from everything Cabbott Sanders has posted, he has never
built a coil with a primary inside the secondary.  I would treat his advise
more as unfounded speculation.

--Steve